Ambiance Counseling Services offers DUI Classes:
DUI Level I Education
DUI Level II Education
DUI Level II Therapy
Interlock Enhancement Counseling (IEC) Program
DUI Classes use The Change Companies Impaired Driver Education / Therapy Program (IDEP), which is an evidence based, OBH approved program designed specifically for the State of Colorado.
- IDEP combines Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and the Stages of Change Model, created to help people make positive, lasting change
- IDEP is an interactive and dynamic way to explore risks, needs and skill deficits, as well as strengths, resources and solutions to problem behaviors
- IDEP promotes public safety by reducing the harmful effects of substance misuse, especially driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- IDEP has been proven to reduce recidivism and substance use, even with repeat offenders
- IDEP applies leading behavioral-change research, in a way that is accessible, meaningful, and motivational
Ambiance Counseling Services is approved by the Colorado Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) as a Licensed Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program in Dillon, Frisco and Idaho Springs, Colorado to provide DUI Classes and Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment.
DUI Classes days and times:
DUI Level II Education:
- Tuesday 5:00-7:00 PM (Frisco)
- Wednesday 7:00-9:00 PM (Dillon)
- Thursday 8:00-10:00 AM (Frisco)
DUI Level II Therapy:
- Tuesday 7:00-9:00 PM (Frisco)
- Wednesday 9:00-11:00 AM (Dillon)
- Wednesday 5:00-7:00 PM (Dillon)
- Thursday 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Frisco)
Interlock Enhancement Counseling Group
- Every second Thursday of the month 5:00-7:00 PM (Dillon)
DUI Services Fees:
- All DUI Classes are $30 each
- DUI Intake: $60
- DUI Level I / Level II Education Impaired Driver Education Program (IDEP) Workbook: $15
- DUI Level II Therapy Journals: $5 per workbook / per month
What is DUI Level I Education?
Level I Education includes 12 hours of DUI Education over a minimum 3 day period, and not more than 4 hours can be conducted in one calendar day. Please call for pricing and availability.
What is DUI Level II Education?
Level II Education includes 24 hours of DUI Education over 12 weeks. There is a two hour class once a week.
What is DUI Level II Therapy?
When Level II Therapy is required, it follows Level II Education and can range from 5 to 10 months depending on the track assigned. The track assigned depends on the BAC (or refusal to take a test), any prior impaired driving offenses, and other clinical indicators. Track recommendations are made by the alcohol/ drug evaluator (probation), or a DUI licensed treatment agency in the absence of an evaluation.
Level II Therapy track guidelines for impaired driving offenses that occurred on or after 01/01/2014:
Track A: 42 hours over 21 weeks, usually for a first time offender with a BAC below .15
Track B: 52 hours over 26 weeks, usually for a first time offender with a BAC of .15 or above or refusal
Track C: 68 hours over 34 weeks, usually for someone with a prior DWAI/DUI, and a BAC below .15
Track D: 86 hours over 43 weeks, usually for someone with a prior DWAI/DUI, and a BAC of .15 or above or refusal
What is the Interlock Enhancement Counseling (IEC) Program?
The Interlock Enhancement Counseling Program is a 10 hour program that includes four 2-hour monthly groups and four 30-minute individual sessions. If you complete the entire 10 hour program, you will get credit for 10 hours / 5 weeks toward your DUI therapy program. The four groups are held on the second Thursday of every month in Dillon from 5-7pm. In the IEC program, you will learn skills to be more successful with and without the interlock device. The total cost for the 10 hour IEC program is $250. To be eligible to complete the IEC program, you must currently have a valid driver’s license, a vehicle, an interlock device currently installed in your vehicle, and be currently enrolled in DUI Level II Therapy Track B, C or D.